And we’re back!
In episode #004 of The Social Restaurant Podcast, I’m delighted to be joined by a friend who’s just done some of the best work of his career.
Jay Baer is the author of the New York Times best selling book; Youtility: Why Smart Marketing is About Help not Hype.
Jay is also the founder of ConvinceandConvert.com, a widely read blog on marketing and social business, and he hosts the Social Pros podcast, a weekly show where he interviews real people doing real work in social media. Youtility is also not his first time playing author. He’s also a strategist and professional keynote speaker.
During the interview, Jay and I dig into key concepts from the book and how each of these can be applied in the restaurant business. I have to say that I really enjoyed this discussion with Jay.
Turn up your speakers. You’re about to hear some killer ideas, frameworks and helpful advice from Jay on how your restaurant can shift to a mindset of marketing Youtility.
What You’ll Learn During this Episode
This is a quick listen interview at 16:30 in total length. Here’s why you should tune in:
- How Jay defines Youtility why this new mindset of marketing can help you keep your brand close to your customers.
- Big brand examples from Charmin and Columbia Sportswear on how they are applying Youtility.
- How Jay defines “Friend of Mine” awareness and how this plays out on social networks like Facebook.
- How brands can in-source Youtility and be successful over the long-term by tapping the collective knowledge of the organization.
- We end with a ‘what if’ brainstorm where Jay shares some ideas on how restaurants can make Youtility a part of their marketing program.
Download the Exclusive Excerpt from Youtility
I’m delighted that Jay has allowed me to share this excerpt from the book with you. It’s a good read, and so I hope you’ll take the time to download the PDF below and page through.
If you already want more, you can order the book