Reach into your pocket or look on you desk right now? What did you find?
I’m willing to be that at your fingertips, you noticed your trusty and iPhone or Android phone, ready and waiting for you to use it to instantly connect to the Internet, type a few quick keystrokes and find anything you want.
In this week’s episode of the Social Restaurant Podcast, we’re talking about mobile search trends for restaurants and an incredibly alarming shift in consumer behavior that you need to be aware of.
Michael is no stranger to the business or this technology, helping popular restaurants that include brand names like Cheeseburger in Paradise, Outback Steakhouse and Carrabba’s Italian Grill use their websites to attract and keep the attention of their customers, regardless of the devices they choose to use to access the internet where all of that content lives.
It’s appropriate that episode #010 on mobile search trends turn out to be one of the most informative interviews we’ve had on the show thus far. There’s lots of research, ideas, advice and general golden nuggets of info that can help you figure out how to take quick advantages of this major change in consumer behavior.
What You’ll Learn During the Interview
- Research and statistics on mobile search trends that will literally blow your mind. You’ll be surprised to learn just how many people are using their phones to find information on your restaurants.
- What mobile searchers are looking for, as well as how and why their preferences change when comparing smartphone searching to searching on tablets.
- How to think about your restaurant’s priorities when it comes to implementing responsive design, mobile sites or even mobile apps.
- The importance of mobile redirects and what to stay away from so you don’t get penalized by Google.
- Examples from Roger West clients who have already taken the plunge into leveraging mobile search and conversion.
Please Support Our Sponsors
Network and exchange ideas with the most successful operators in the fast casual segment! Register to attend the Fast Casual Executive Summit, taking place October 13th – 15th in New Orleans, LA. >> LEARN MORE
Don’t let your shift hit the fan! Use ShiftNote, a web-based manager’s logbook and employee scheduling tool. Replace messy paper and files with an easy-to-use online system. >> LEARN MORE
Restaurant News of the Week
This week’s restaurant news stays with the theme of mobile searching as it relates to the restaurant business.
This incredibly useful infographic was the source for some of the early segment stats in the show. The study, produced from a partnership between Telemetrics, xAd is the first-to-market Mobile Path-to-Purchase research studies conducted by The Nielsen Company.
The studies dissect consumer mobile usage and purchase behavior related to the Travel, Restaurant, Auto, Retail, Insurance, Banking & Finance and Gas & Convenience industry verticals.
Like Us Facebook
Our Facebook fans will get continuously receive special insider tips, show supplemental materials and the chance to have back channel conversations with Nate, show guests and content sponsors.