With the proliferation of social media, how restaurant brands connect with and serve guests has become extremely fragmented, creating a significant challenge in delivering remarkable guest experiences. My guest this week has taken on this challenge head on, developing a software platform designed to meet these demands.
In episode #019 of the Social Restaurant Podcast, I talk with Joshua March, Founder and CEO of Conversocial, a technology platform that helps brands manage customer service conversations on Facebook and Twitter.
Josh was years ahead of the curve in understanding how social media listening and response plays into customers service, as well as the infrastructure and technology that must be in place to make it actionable for brands.
If you struggle to understand how social media fits into both your marketing department as well as your customer experience group, you’ll want to hear what Josh has to share.
Go ahead, turn up the speakers, click play and listening to episode #019 of the Social Restaurant Podcast.
What You’ll Learn During the Interview
- Learn how to use the web as an extension of your customer service department.
- Hear research and survey results on social habits and expectations of people who interact socially with companies online.
- Deliver proper customer relations experiences by integrating social into all aspects of your company
- Develop organizational strategies to respond to customer service conversations in real-time.
- Identify who your dissatisfied customers are by sorting through the online clutter to turn bad customer service experiences into advocates for your brand.
Please Support Our Sponsors
Video content is changing. Not only in the way it’s consumed, but in how it’s produced. At On Scene Productions, we develop multi-channel video content strategies to help clients fill the entire sales funnel, from introduction to education to purchase >> LEARN MORE
Don’t let your shift hit the fan! Use ShiftNote, a web-based manager’s logbook and employee scheduling tool. Replace messy paper and files with an easy-to-use online system. >> LEARN MORE
Tweetable Moment: “Social media is quite specific. You can’t just be there and hope it works.” (Click to Tweet)
Additional Show Resources and Notes
In this podcast, Josh and I make reference to three different surveys:
- A 2013 survey conducted by Oracle found that brands could lose up to 20% of revenue from poor customer experiences. View results to learn more about Oracle’s research.
- A 2012 survey conducted by Edison Research found that one in four social media users have used social for customer service/support. Learn more about these social media users.
- The 2012 American Express Global Customer Service Barometer featured social media for the first time. It concluded that people who complain on social media are the most vocal in every way.
Josh explains how Conversocial provides the necessary tools to put customer conversations at the heart of their clients businesses. Download Conversocial’s Tweet, Email or Call to see the opportunity restaurants have to engage in customer service over social media as 16% of all customer-related tweets are sent within a restaurant.
Like Us Facebook
Our Facebook fans will get continuously receive special insider tips, show supplemental materials and the chance to have back channel conversations with Nate, show guests and content sponsors.